On a mission.....

going beyond what is expected of me!- Dawn Maglish

Sunday, April 4, 2010

never give up

I guess it really seems easy give up when things get hard or don't go your way.  I am not that kind of person.  Do I ever feel like giving up yes, I would be lying to say no.
When I am so tired from being a mom, wife, and student. Giving up my dreams of being a top hair stylist seem logically.  It is so much extra time and work, but I spend most of my day thinking about hair and make-up.  I sometimes dream of styles in my sleep.  So, when I'm not making school lunches early in the morning, or driving to church to teach a lesson or be a youth leader, or staying up late to spend time with my hubby.  The free time I have I find myself surfing the web researching styles and the stylist who are skilled in creating that style, and how they got to where they are. Then I find myself dreaming of days where I can sit doing hair and make-up for tireless hours knowing that the final product will be a photo of the amazing expression of what my heart dreamed up.  So to give up would let down who I am inside.
I love my family, my kids, and husband, but they see this about me, too.
  My son was in the shower today after I finished cutting his hair. I heard him singing a song about me, "my mom is the most amazing hair cutter, she makes me look good," he loved his new hair.  Crazy I know its not a published photo but for now knowing I have his support makes me feel so accomplished.  I want to make my family proud so all the study and research, hours of practicing doll heads and asking people to come and let me do their hair at school, yeah it's worth it.  I am going to be somebody someday, and in their eyes I already am and most importantly in God's eyes.
I am going to make and impact on the world by doing hair, so I will never give up!
It may take time to finish all I want to do but I will never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment