On a mission.....

going beyond what is expected of me!- Dawn Maglish

Friday, April 16, 2010

finding mentors 2

ok, well I have had some luck with finding mentors. As I have said before I believe that a mentor should be someone who not only has success at their careers or inspires you but they should live they way you would like to live.  I mean this in many ways, but mostly with ethics and convictions.  Our character develops who we are through what we believe, and shows who we are by how we behave.
    Wow, that was deep! Even for me.
While looking for mentors I have found that people who are willing to invest in you are few.  In this I mean, finding people to truly care how you will develop as a person in your personal and professional path and to help you stay on track as you develop your skill sets.
   I have had the pleasure of seeking out another wonderful mentor, that has offered her wisdom in the industry to help me fine tune mine, Ms. Debra Dietrich. She has proven to me to be someone who cares for others who are willing to better themselves and strive to be the best at what they do.  Ever since she has offered to be my mentor she has offered tons of knowledge and tips on how to better myself a hairstyle and make up.
I feel blessed and hope to be able to write more when I get back from my 3 day class with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment