On a mission.....

going beyond what is expected of me!- Dawn Maglish

Monday, March 29, 2010

life is life.....what I do with my time

I realized that this blogging stuff is very time consuming but therapeutic too.
Being a future professional is a lot of work and most people don't even realize how much goes into cosmetology school.  7 hours of school each day, along with book work, visiting salons, doing projects like hair shows, and and trying to find time for family and friends.  I guess you would say balance is key.  If you take some of things out of your life that stop you from being your best it becomes easy to balance. Examples: smoking, drinking, partying, and idol time hanging with friends. There are times when friends will ask me to go out after school or on a weekend, but we have school on Saturday and that takes a whole afternoon or evening away from my family.
   I feel so tired not even doing all the extra things.
I spend my extra time researching different  mentors, or sending e-mail.  I look up different new hair styles to try.  I look at different make up companies to see what new cosmetics are out.  My goals is to be well informed and well networked so that when I am able to be licensed and on my own I have the head knowledge and skill to back my talent.
      Today the practice was on dry fingerwaves.  right!  My daughter Abbie was so awesome and let me practice on her for 3 hours, and these were the results. I found a way to combine my love for hair with my love for my family! 

Thanks for all your help Abbie you are so beautiful




No comments:

Post a Comment